Sunday 21 July 2013

Reminiscing back home

Bonjour tout le monde and a happy Dimanche!

So here it is, the final blog post of Grenoble Girl. A little late in being written as I have now been home in little Britain for a total of two months, but what can you do.

I had initially written a first draft final blog post from the viewpoint of one of my favourite beauty hotspots in Chambery (<3): see panorama below.




But I decided not to post it as it had an overall sad perspective over my time in France, and I didn't want that to be my lasting opinion of my year abroad. Because it was actually the BEST time of my life, and once it was drawing to an end and 80% (precision) of the unforgettable people I'd met had moved on, I was sad. 

And no-one wants to read that

So here is a final, lasting post, dedicated to AN AMAZING YEAR

I was a teacher.

I inspired young minds.

I got to hang out in the staff room. 

I became a chef.

I got to live in the most magical place on the Earth (in my opinion).

I spoke French.

I understood French people.

I attended dinner parties.

I became a colleague and friend to some of the most kind hearted people.

I skied. 

I was a babysitter. 

I was Little Red Riding Hood.

I stayed up all night for the bakery to open.

I ate a lot of cheese. 

I went to Italy.

I went to Denmark.

I saw France.

And I made the most amazing friends, who I miss more and more every day.


Voici a montage of my favourite photos from the best year EVER.






























































Too many?

Right now, I'm enjoying seeing my family and friends again, and appreciating the little gem that is England. 

But Chambery:

I will be back.








No comments:

Post a Comment